I'm still here hanging out in Mexico (the land of tortilla). This week was a bit of a longer week than the last few because I was thinking more about home than usual and also because we had a lot less success with people. No one wants to have appointments with the missionaries. :( But we are working hard all the time to see what we can do and hopefully in time (preferably minimal) we will be able to find the people who are really ready right now and want to hear our special message. They don't know what they're missing!
Anyway.. I forgot my special paper that I write on each day. It's like my mini journal about a line long for each day so I remember at the end of the week when I finally write in my journal and here. But I do remember that on Friday, the family that we ate with had a lime tree. So I had the pleasure of picking limes for the first time. That wasn't too exciting, but I now can say I've done it. It's just a pokey tree that tries to hurt you then blesses us with tasty food. I also helped with making some of the food, but I felt weird because I had no idea what she wanted me to do and because making food here is different. It's just weird - like washing the fruit with the Mexico water and soap. And just all the things.
We met together on Tuesday with my zone and the other one near us to watch the recording of the Mexico MTC dedication. That was pretty nice - to see other American girls who are just so great! (I see two others briefly each week, but this week I saw five or so and talked with them).
Monday after all of our P-day activities (tasks) we were headed to our lesson about 15 minutes (walking) away. And it was starting to rain. By the time we got there we were looking for a place to cross the street with less than an inch of water in the streets so we wouldn't fill our shoes. It wasn't easy to find either. When it rains, it rains!! And I love it! I truly don't remember much from this week. It was just long and I'm just hanging in there with the heat. Maybe soon we'll have more rain like we did Monday! Have a happy week and be good!
Hermana Humphrey
No comments:
Post a Comment