Contact Holli

Holli is home!





Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Birthday Week

We had a birthday week this week because Saturday was the 23rd birthday of my companion!! WOOO!!! After the baptism of the other hermanas of our ward, they surprised her with a cake, and some other little snacks. It was so cool. We had almost all of our district there for a little celebration. We had a cake that was chocolate (that was pretty special for me, since I haven't had a chocolate one since I've gotten here). Then we continued with our various things for the day. It was nice to have a little change in the rhythm of things.

*side note for everyone.. I really do realize that my English is not completely English, but it's all cool. I hope you are patient with me because it's a lot more work to think through the way to write things normal.*

On Friday, we had a conference with the two zones in Tapachula. It was pretty nice to be able to see a few people from my MTC district and others who I haven't seen in a while. And the president came which was really great too. We don't see him and his wife much down here.

The only other news for the week is the intercambios that we had. I went to the area of the other hermanas... waaaayyyy far away (the other half of our ward). It was nice to be able to be in another area for a little bit of time after so much time in one place it gets to be a little repetitive. But I'm glad to be back here in my normal area having a good time and teaching the investigators that I know. It's great to be able to know the people and help them learn about Christ and all the things of the Gospel. It's really great being here and to be a missionary in this time and it's going to be even greater that we can have conference this weekend!!

I hope every one of you has a great week and that you just keep on smiling and doing good things. Also enjoy conference, folks. :)

Hermana Humphrey


No comments:

Post a Comment