How are you all? I hope all is well in Utah Christmas town! My news for the week is that I'm off to a new state.. maybe state of mind, but more specifically a new state of Mexico - Oaxaca! I'm going to the little bit of the mission that's not here in Chiapas. From what I hear it's a little tiny village and that it's great there. I've heard a lot of great things about Zanatepec. So I'm happy. Even though I've had very little time here in San Cristobal, I think it will be a great time in my new area. I still don't know who I'll be with or any of that fun stuff, but it's a new experience! And it looks like I'll be having a hot Christmas after all! :)
Besides that.. well it's been a good week. Not anything super crazy or weird, but it's been good. We had a nice zone conference. And we had a few days full of first lessons. We found some new investigators and have had a good time with that. It's great to see the work progressing and see how things are going here. It's a bit sad to be leaving, but I don't feel super tight with this ward still, so it won't be so hard. I still miss my Tapachula ward, but it's also great to move on to new places and have new experiences and the whole bit. What's been cool this week is that in some of these first lessons, the people told us that it's weird that we found them. One of the sisters told us that the day we talked with her in the street was a day that her son ran out of the house and she went chasing after him. And that's when we came up and talked to her. Another person told us that they were having problems that day and went to sit outside on the curb, but that it's weird because they never do that. And that's when the missionaries came up and talked to her. She was able to feel a peace in the short time of talking to her in the street and it was a great opportunity for her and us. I know that this is definitely the hand of the Lord in the work.
It's great to see all that God does for us to help us find the people who are waiting for the Gospel and that we can help them come closer to him. It's such a great work! Definitely not our work - it's the work of the Lord. I know it's true and that this Gospel really changes people's lives!
Hermana Humphrey
| A wooden house |
| A fried bug - eaten today |
| San Cristóbal |
| The building with lights downtown |
No comments:
Post a Comment