So this week was lovely. I had a birthday which is always good news. I'm no longer a teenager. Now I'm like a real adult.. My birthday wasn't very birthday-y though. It felt like another day of missionary work, but it was a great day of missionary work though. We had 5 lessons and they were quite great ones too I might add. I haven't had ice cream yet, so my birthday isn't quite complete and may not be until I return, but that's all good. It'll be the best ice cream when I get back after such a long time!
Today is transfer day (and we've known that actually for a while), so all week my companion told me (and everyone else) what she felt was going to happen. One day it was that I would be transferred. Another day was that she would be. One day she said that we wouldn't change. And another was that both would go. So all the options were what she felt at some point. I was starting to go crazy though and I just feel like it's best to wait until we're told the results of the transfers. And the result is.... no transfers!!! All the companionships in my zone are being changed supposedly except mine and the zone leaders. Kind of odd, but I'm ready to hit the streets and keep on working!!
One lesson was really great. We're teaching this little 12 year old and her grandparents. The grandparents are not really super interested, but the 12 year old is super excited about this all. When we came she brought out her Book of Mormon and a paper. Then she read us what she wrote about her reading! It was like a book report - so cute!
Saturday was mother's day. A very difficult day for work. No one is home or on the streets on this day and it's certainly a challenge to fulfill the work I'm here to do, but we did have one lesson and a grand old time, so that's what counts!
All in all that's the general gist of the week. I hope you all had a lovely week and that your next week is super too!
Hermana Humphrey
.jpg) |
| Birthday hermanas |
.jpg) |
| Enjoying the birthday cake |
 |
The zone (changed today)
|
.jpg) |
| Great cooks |
.jpg) |
| Hermanas |
No comments:
Post a Comment