Well here I am in Zanatepec. And it's so weird because it's definitely a small town. A lot of the people know each other and most of the people we talk to already have met with the missionaries. (at least in a contact in the street, but usually for lessons in their house too). So it's really quite strange and I like it at the same time. It is a bit harder to find people to contact, but it's a fun thing to be in a small town. I'm not really all about the small town thing in Utah, but it's a cool experience for a time in the mission. It's funny too because some of the members already know me because I'm in pictures that Hna. Carrera and Hna. Bate have shown to them. So a few have told me that they already have seen me. It's weird.. But cool at the same time!
This transfer is the first time I'm with another American for my companion. All of the others have been Latins until now. And it's very strange to have this difference though. And surprisingly we're doing very well talking in just Spanish (until today because it's kind of like lazy day). Every once in a while the people say things and we just look at them because we're both a little confused, but that's an experience that just helps us learn more! Woo!
It's a little difficult and weird getting to know everything and everyone new from the beginning again, but I feel like I'm connecting with the people here more than I was in San Cristobal. It's a good experience and I'm happy to be here. I'm working and having a good time helping the people.
Yesterday we got to church and had passed by about five houses for people but no one answered. So we were a little disappointed because none of our investigators came, but then about half way through the first hour we saw two of the people we had talked to during the week outside. They came.. and we haven't even taught them yet. It was so great! And then an eternal investigator came from our area. So it was so nice because we had more success than we thought at the beginning. God always does help us out and we just need to always have faith in Him. I know it's true and it's a great thing to share it!
Go and do something special today and have a great Christmas time week!
Hermana Humphrey
It's fun to hear about our hermanas in Zanatepec. My daughter, Hermana Oliphant, is Hna Humphrey's companion and it is such a rich experience to hear both of their views on the work they are doing! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteThis really sounds like an interesting place to be. I would love to learn more about your daughter! Please feel free to email me at sirlaffalot@gmail.com.
DeleteMerry Christmas to you and your family!