Hey friends! Happy 2015! I hope you all welcomed the new year in a fun way. I did.. well at least I woke up for a minute at midnight, heard the fireworks, and went to bed. It was pretty low key. But it was good though. It isn't really the most exciting day in the mission. But it was good because I at least woke up.
This week has been a good one. We had a member who was home for the holiday break and he came with us for a lot of our lessons. So we actually had members in our lessons. That was really nice. He also showed us where some inactive members live so we could go teach them. I really learned the importance of members this week which was a great thing. You'd think I should have already known by now, but no.. not so much. We had a good week of lessons and such and one day that we taught 11 in the whole day! It was crazy!~
On Saturday it was the baptism of one of the girls that the elders from our district were teaching, but we've been a part of her conversion from the beginning so it was really cool to be able to be there. She's so excited and I love to see baptisms of people who are really being baptized because they know it's true.
The other good part about new years day is that everyone is drunk.. That was pretty exciting. Well not exactly. It was weird trying to hide from some and just hearing and laughing at others. :) And also lots of people aren't home. But good news.. Everyone that has been here for vacation or whatever is now on their way home this week, so it will be a lot easier to find people to teach.
All in all it was a good week. I want to invite you all to be awesome and help the missionaries this week. They need you and they will love you lots if you help them out! And you'll get blessings. So it's worth it! I know it's true and this is the Lord's work.
Have a great week!!
Hermana Humphrey
No comments:
Post a Comment