We had a lot to do this week. We just worked and worked and worked.. as always, but we had a bit more success with it all this week. Recently we've been a little low on new people to teach, but this week we found like 21, so that will help us out a lot. We had a meeting with all the leaders of the branch here which was good and now we also have a lot of leaders who have committed to come with us for some lessons this week. That makes me very happy. So it's been a good week with lots of work, but unfortunately no one came to church.. Sad. That really is the hardest part about this all. We just work and work all week long and invite literally everyone we talk to to church, but no one comes even though they say they will.
It has been fun working here all this week because it's been cool to see how many lessons we were able to have and to invite everyone to baptism and do all kinds of great things! We found this one lady here who is super great! She just accepted us to come in without hesitation. Then she just listened so intently and when we invited her to be baptized, she accepted. The only problem was that she had to leave to Tuxtla for the weekend because she and her child have a sad disease that comes from the evil mosquitoes.. There are just way too many of them here. So she went to the doctor there, but said that she might be able to go to church there. I'm excited to be able to see and talk to her again and see how it all went!
This is kind of a boring email this week, but it has been a good week, so that's what counts. It makes it all okay. I'm happy and all that fun stuff and I'm hoping I can have a more exciting email next week. Just know that this is the work of the Lord and that He loves us all. Everyone needs the Gospel and I'm so happy that I'm here to share it!
Hermana Humphrey
No comments:
Post a Comment