Hey! This week has been a good one. We've had a good time working together and keep on finding miracles and working for the Lord. We have had a brother accompany us a few times this week and it has been great because he is a fairly new member and has been excited to work with us and present us to people he knows and to people the other missionaries have taught. It's been a cool experience and through him we have found a brother named Alberto. We had a short lesson with him the day we met him. He is a middle aged man who is addicted to alcohol (so we will always go with a member) and he has the desire to quit and to change his life. The brother that was with us offered to stop by for him to go to church and he actually accepted and went. He is already being friendshipped in the church and is learning bit by bit.
We also found a brother who has all the attendances that he needs to be baptized and he just was drinking back when the other missionaries were teaching him. When we met him, we asked him the baptismal questions and he is prepared - has stopped drinking, is still reading the Book of Mormon and remembers what the others have taught. He accepted to be baptized too! The problem is that he works a lot (out of town) so he's hard to find. But we want to work hard still so we can find him and help him come closer unto Christ.
We're working with a couple of other great people who are doing great and progressing bit by bit and I'm excited to keep working with them and help them to prepare to be a faithful member of the church!
I had an intercambio up in Cintalapa (about 1.5 hours away). It was fun to be in a little small town again. Each day as I work here I'm finding new things and learning new things and it's weird as I'm getting closer to the end to see all the things I've done, changed and learned! The mission is great!!
I hope you all have a fun week and do great things!
Hermana Humphrey
No comments:
Post a Comment