Contact Holli

Holli is home!





Monday, March 17, 2014

A Full Month in Mexico!!

That's right! I have a full month here now. It's super weird to think I've been here a month. It also seems like I have been here for ages. Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone. It doesn't seem to be a very special day here. I've seen more green than most other days, but it's not really a thing it seems like. Don't worry though, because I have my green!

So this week started with Monday. It was p-day and we did all our normal stuff. Then we went with a family that night and made some tasty things. :) I helped and everything. I cut my finger with our new knife as soon as I picked it up to wash it, but don't worry. It's still one whole finger. It was just a small slice. And it was funny because I just told my companion, "Well, the knife works." It was great times!

Tuesday was quite a day. In the morning there was every type of creature in my home. First, I was showering and felt a weird thing on my finger. So I looked at it and I had a lizard on my finger (one of the smaller ones). I kind of freaked out, but it was all okay. Then later we had a cockroach running around our kitchen. Usually they are nearly dead when we find them, but this one was hard to take care of. Then we had a bird fly into the main room while we were studying. I kind of freaked out a lot - which freaked out Hna. Carrera, but she got the bird taken care of and out of there. So that was good.

I have noticed that everyone is so interested in marriage here. They all ask me if I have a boyfriend. And one time I was told, "I want to be your husband" in English that was not super. It was really weird, but funny. It's someone who is about 25-30 years old. So a little creepy, but not extremely.

I had a good week and our lessons were really great! I love to feel the Spirit as much as I do here. It's so great and makes my days better. Without the Spirit I would be the most grumpy person of ever because of all the changes in my life and the process of gaining patience and having more love for people. But luckily we have nice happy things that keep me going.

Have a nice week! And just a side note to those of you reading these.. If you are someone who recently had something significant in your life, I really want to hear about it (hint: mission calls, etc.) I really love to hear from you all about the great things happening in life back home! 

Hermana Humphrey

The current district

A beautiful flower

Making delicious Argentinian food


No comments:

Post a Comment