This week went a lot faster than any of the other weeks that I've had in Mexico (the MTC was fast in the last few weeks). It wasn't super unusual or special. It was just a week of missionary work. And a very tiring one at that. I don't know why, but I've been so tired this week! Sometimes that makes it really hard to work and go out walking, but I make it work. I've decided that from noon to 2 are the worst hours because it's like putting a popcicle in the sun... It will melt. Just like me. I melt - in the form of sweat. Eww.
Wednesday we started something we're going to be doing weekly while I'm in this area. It's classes! Wednesday nights after our meeting with the mission leader, my companion and I teach English for half an hour and then piano for half an hour as well. When I got to the church for our meeting, I was swarmed with little people (kids) asking if I was going to be teaching English and piano. I was popular! It's kind of a weird feeling. It was a challenge to teach something to people when I don't even speak their language very well. Especially teaching piano was difficult because I don't know the terms in Spanish, but it was fun. And I'll be teaching each week! I don't know if I'm excited or worried, but it should be good.
The pictures are all food and nothing too exciting. I promise I do a bit more than just eat while I'm here!
| Eating a chicharon (or something like that). They are tasty. |
| Eating a mango. The real way. |
| Eating a tortilla with salsa. Like a Mexican. |
No comments:
Post a Comment