Contact Holli

Holli is home!





Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Learning Many Things

This was my first week full of Mexico! It was definitely an experience every day. Monday we had p‑day and a lesson. Tuesday we had splits! I went with Hermana Favila in her area and it was a great experience for me! It's weird that her area is so much different (possibly a bit lovelier) than ours even though they are right next to each other. We had a good time together even though it was a challenge to communicate all day because my Spanish is minimal as is her English. But it worked out with the amount I do know. :)

This week I have grown to have a bit less of a fear of dogs. Even though I truly believe they are out to get me I have to get over it. They're everywhere. And a few days ago I had a few try to attack me. Sometimes we carry around rocks just in case in certain areas. And luckily my companion knows how to give them the point of fear. So they didn't get the pleasure of partaking of me.

It's about 90 degrees or so usually. At least that's what my clock says when I go to bed and when I wake up (that's in my house, so I don't know about outside). Luckily I have a fan for when I go to bed. If I didn't, life wouldn't be happy. Sleep would not exist. And neither would I. Showers are difficult because they are like ice and very little water comes out. I'm beginning to believe water pressure doesn't exist here. It's just the bit of water in the pipes is released onto me. And it's minimal sometimes. It's okay though. It's a fun experience.

I had to teach a lesson almost all by myself (with a member as a companion - which isn't enough). It was not very good that's for sure. When Hermana Carrera said she would be going to help with dishes while I taught, I kind of freaked, but it was a learning experience for me.

Saturday was the first baptism since I've been here. It was cool. Yeni is great and I'm excited for her! I feel like I didn't have much of a part in it because I haven't been here long, but it was great! I also played piano for it which was great, but I didn't do awesome! The people always ask me either to teach them how to play or to teach them English... We'll see how that goes. If it even happens. Also people ask me if I know the prophet.. Uh... no. Also this week I learned that washing clothes by hand isn't fun.

Well. It's certainly been an experience all week. It's fun being here and I'm learning a lot. I hope you all are having fun too! I'd love to hear from those of you who haven't written me!

Hermana Humphrey



Some pictures of the apartment

This fan is a lifesaver!

More apartment pictures

The kitchen

Weird thing I ate - like a large chip thing with mayo, cucumber, corn and cheese. Fairly tasty though.

Us with our delicious oranges. So great! They cut off most the skin and just eat. It's different, but good.

Nasty bananas. It's one of my companion's favorite foods. It's bananas with beans and cheese.. Eww.

These are the lizards that were hanging out around our microwave.

The river and loveliness

Many bug bites

And this is Hermana Favila, my companion on Tuesday. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment