Things are becoming a lot more normal and natural. The hot.. not so much. I'm still dying every day, but it's so lovely to sweat (or as it is for the sisters - glisten) six liters (give or take) per hour. Anyway.. everything is much more natural and that's great! There are, however, always new experiences and strange things. For example: yesterday we went to an old lady's house (she's a member and she fed us lunch yesterday). I had to use the bathroom. So I went to the bathroom and it's pretty much just a shower area (there's a drain on the floor) with a toilet in the room - but the toilet doesn't have a tank. It's just the bottom part. Also the bathroom doesn't have a door. It's just a shower curtain as a door. It was pretty weird. This was the first time I experienced not having running water. Everyone has a large sink thing filled with water that they use for everything. So for the toilet you just pour a bucket from that water down the toilet. Slightly weird. Also you just wash your hands by pouring water on your hands from the sink area- but that I've done many times by now. It's weird that not having running water is a real thing.
Anyway.. this week was kind of a regular week. We did our normal things: walking, talking to strangers, teaching, walking, etc. There was something special about this week though. We had zone meeting this week (my first). That was good. I played piano - once again - but it was a song that isn't in English. I've heard it a few times by now, but this was the first time actually playing it to sing to. It went okay. I play all the time: for district meeting, zone meeting, church, any time there's a piano people have me play.
Also another special thing of the week. We got a call
on Thursday from the Mission President. He told us that we would be going to Tuxtla that day because of immigration stuff. So we left at
3:00 and took the 6 hour bus ride there. It was me, my companion, and two other Elders. When we got to Tuxtla we split off from the Elders and went to stay with the zone leaders at their apartment for the night. Their apartment is lovely. It's a bit nicer than ours, but no worries. I'm not jealous. The greatest thing happened. When we came in.. I saw one of the Hermanas from my MTC district!! HERMANA BUNKER!! It was the happiest reunion in a long time. The first familiar face in 3 weeks! I've missed my district so much. The next morning we met at the immigration place for fingerprints and signatures and when I was there I also saw Elder Guthrie! It was great - two people from my district! We headed back to Tapachula at
noon and got back to work around 7 when we were back. It was nice to see my people again!
This week has been great! I also experienced how to shower with a bucket, so that's good. Something everyone should know how to do. It's not as hard as I expected, so that's a plus. :) Have a lovely week everyone!
Hermana Humphrey
 |
| Hermana Humphrey and Hermana Carrera |
 |
| Messy food |
No comments:
Post a Comment